HydrogenAmericas

$4.3M for Flint MTA hydrogen buses

0

The Flint Mass Transportation Authority will receive $4,334,800 to expand the MTA’s zero-emissions bus program.

The Federal Transit Administration received the money under its Low and No Emission Vehicle program, which is supported by the Bipartisan Infrastructure Act.

Flint’s mass transit authority has been constructing a fleet of hydrogen fuel cell buses to replace diesel for over a decade.

Currently, 98% of MTA buses run on alternate fuel, but the remaining 2% of diesel buses have a significant impact.

Ed Benning, the chief executive officer of the MTA in Flint, states that advancing with zero emissions will be more essential than cost in the future, as it will allow the city to extend service while also benefiting the environment.

Nedim Husomanovic

Funding for renewable hydrogen storage materials

Previous article

Promoting green hydrogen’s commercialization

Next article

You may also like

More in Hydrogen

Comments

Comments are closed.