Image: Haldor Topsoe

Topsoe’s SynCOR technology enables the capture of more than 95% of CO2 emissions associated with the manufacture of blue hydrogen from natural gas at the recently announced Air Products facility in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada.

This new facility, based on Topsoe’s SynCORTM autothermal reforming technology, will recover over 95% of the CO2 produced and safely store it below. The facility will be powered by hydrogen-fueled energy, which will offset the remaining 5% of emissions at the site. The renewable energy complex will assist customers in the refining and petrochemical industries served by Air Products’ Heartland Hydrogen Pipeline in reducing their carbon footprint. Additionally, the facility will create liquid hydrogen for merchant sales and as a clean transportation fuel.

“We are very proud of our collaboration with Air Products, and that our SynCOR™ technology plays a central part in their landmark net-zero hydrogen project. This is not only proof of our ability to deliver efficient hydrogen solutions, it also bears testament to our ability to achieve our vision of being recognized as the world leader in carbon emission reduction technologies by 2024. Our work and this project is a strong contribution to the decarbonization of fuels and chemicals in Alberta and across the world,” says Amy Hebert, CCO at Topsoe.

“Sustainability is our pathway to growth and central to Air Products’ business every day around the world. By being a first mover and investing in this innovative landmark project, we are paving the way for hydrogen from Edmonton to meet industrial and transportation needs throughout western Canada. Our highly integrated project will be a model for net-zero atmospheric gas, hydrogen and power production consistent with our announced growth platforms,” says Robert Tikovsky, vice president, Process Gases Product Line at Air Products.

Nedim Husomanovic

Contact Energy, Meridian Energy to build largest green hydrogen plant in New Zealand

Previous article

Wärtsilä hydrogen blends engines for Keppel O&M’s Floating Living Lab

Next article

You may also like

More in Americas

Comments

Comments are closed.