In April 2023, the funds allocated from the Pnrr for the Fvg (Friuli Venezia Giulia) region, pertaining to regional public bodies, totaled 1.9 billion euros.
These funds have been distributed over a hundred different investment lines throughout the region, excluding any funds that are destined for the private sector.
The resources have been divided based on the beneficiary and mission, with 504 million euros allocated to regions, 579 million euros to municipalities, and 898 million euros to other entities. The majority of the missions linked to the region have been allotted towards the M2 Green revolution and ecological transition, which accounts for 45% of the funds. This is followed by M6 Health with 33%, M3 Sustainable mobility infrastructures with 10%, M5 Inclusion and cohesion with 7%, and M1 Digitalisation, innovation, competitiveness, culture, and tourism with 4.9%.
One of the key strategic assignments is the Hydrogen Flagship Project, which entails the creation of a Hydrogen Valley that is financed with 14 million euros. This project falls under the M2C2 3.1 Production in abandoned industrial areas, and an additional 10 million euros has been allocated for related research activities. The region has established an internal monitoring system for its own managed projects, and 13 milestones and 25 targets were assigned for 2022, all of which have been achieved. For investments by the region, 80 targets and 21 milestones are expected to be achieved in 2023. At the end of Q1 2023, 11 milestones and 35 targets were either started or completed.
Apart from the region, the Port of Trieste M3 has been allocated the most significant amount of funds, with 494 million euros being assigned towards infrastructures for sustainable mobility, accounting for 84% of the funds. The remaining 16% of funds are dedicated to interventions on the railway network. Among the municipalities, Trieste has been assigned 140 million euros, and one of the projects is the cable car that climbs up to the Karst from the Porto Vecchio, with the cost of the project being 62 million euros.
While the allocation of funds from the Pnrr for the Fvg region appears to be an encouraging development, there are potential challenges that need to be considered. These challenges include the effective utilization of funds, ensuring transparency in the allocation of funds, and ensuring that the funds are used for their intended purpose.
In conclusion, the allocation of funds from Pnrr for regional public bodies in Fvg is an essential development that has the potential to have a significant impact on the region’s ecological, social, and economic growth. However, it is imperative to ensure that the funds are used efficiently and transparently to achieve the intended objectives.